Sunday, June 30, 2013

Gloria!

Walking into CVS on College Ave. & El Cajon Blvd. by campus there was an elderly black woman, with missing teeth on a motorized scooter. She looked frail and her clothes were tattered, yet she had this warming presence about her. As I approach the doors, she gives me a big grin, saying "Hi". I say hello back and she asks me for some change to buy food for her and her grandson. I tell her I will be back with some food. After I make my purchase in the CVS, I come back outside. I give her a Gatorade, telling her to stay refreshed and hydrated on a crazy, hot day like today. I also give her sweet n' salty chex mix, telling her to stay "sweet & salty" haha. I tell her she has a beautiful smile and to keep smiling because it's Christ who truly provides. I walk back to the car (one of the few times I've been able to drive this summer!) and write down something for Gloria:

Dear Gloria,

Keep Smiling!! :)

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." - John 3:16

Jesus provides our every need.

Love,
Charlie

I walked back and gave this note to her.

I started rejoicing on the drive back to a coffee shop. Freestyling over a beat, praying for Gloria. Glory, glory, glory to our God. It reminded me of the classic Christmas hymn name "Gloria in excelsis Deo":
    "Glory to God in the highest,

and on earth peace to people of good will.
We praise you,
we bless you,
we adore you,
we glorify you,
we give you thanks for your great glory,
Lord God, heavenly King,
O God, almighty Father.
Lord Jesus Christ, Only Begotten Son,
Lord God, Lamb of God, Son of the Father,
you take away the sins of the world, have mercy on us;
you take away the sins of the world, receive our prayer.
you are seated at the right hand of the Father, have mercy on us.
For you alone are the Holy One, you alone are the Lord, you alone are the Most High,
Jesus Christ, with the Holy Spirit, in the glory of God the Father. Amen"

Gloria!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment