Friday, June 14, 2013

Office Work

As this week winds down, getting things ready for camp is gearing up. Camp is only 3 weeks away! I will be arriving at UCLA on July 3rd for Huddle Leaders Training before camp.

Until then, it's Brian and I in the office, working away at making sure camp is all planned out and ready to go. I am in charge of making sure all the housing is set. I have been in contact with all the staff and coaches that will be serving at camp--and trying to make sure we have every family member they may be bringing accounted for--so we can then relay that information to UCLA Housing. Since we are expecting over 600 campers, we have about 150 staff members/coaches with their families that I need to keep track of and make sure all their paperwork is turned in before camp. This has involved Excel spreadsheets like crazy and emailing like there's no tomorrow. Though this seems like tedious office work--I am constantly reminding myself that this work is crucial to ministry. Coordinating and planning will help make camp run smoother and ultimately as highly organized as possible. Since I am an ENFP (shout out to Meyers Briggs personality--if you haven't taken the test--do it because it's cool seeing how God designed you personality-wise!) I am tapping into a more technical/organizational side. This isn't exactly what I love doing but know it will help keep me versatile, knowing I have the ability and skill set to do a wide-variety of tasks.

I am beginning to realize how incredible this camp will be--due to all the work the staff has put in year round, along with the intentionality of hiring on solid guys and girls who love Jesus as Huddle Leaders--including Staff and Coaches who have incredible experience in the sports world. Please continue to join me in prayer that God will use this camp--through worship, teaching, coaching, huddle leading, playing games/sports, eating--all for His glory and changing lives for His Kingdom.

Here's an example of what just happened at a Relentless FCA 2013 Camp:
http://www.fca.org/2013/06/13/fca-camp-stories-something-only-the-lord-can-explain/#.UbuSHvm1Gb4

I hope you all have a great weekend--I miss the Mitten but am blessed to be enjoying the So Cal.

Much love,
Charlie
#relentless
#Hebrews10:39

No comments:

Post a Comment