Monday, June 10, 2013

more than conquerors

"31 What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? 32 He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things? 33 Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies. 34 Who then is the one who condemns? No one. Christ Jesus who died—more than that, who was raised to life—is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us. 35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword?36 As it is written:
“For your sake we face death all day long;
    we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered.”
37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."


-Romans 8:31-39



I know for certain that nothing can separate me from the love of Christ. Nothing.


There have been days where I've been tempted to be discouraged...thoughts of loneliness especially to be honest. To be real: that if I have a wife then I will be truly happy. I long for an incredible marriage where I can just love the heck out of my wife and do everything together--traveling, dining, having fun, doing devos together--everything. Yet it is in these times where I need to direct my focus on the one True Love-Jesus Christ...to not dwell on the past or even the future because I need to focus on what God has for me here and now. My Savior loves me unconditionally. What greater love is there? "Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one's life for one's friends." -John 15:13 So, the One I should be directing all these thoughts towards is Him. Yesterday, after church, I decided to go to the beach to have some alone time with my God. Thankfully one of the dudes from the house let me borrow their Mazda 3 (I was goin crazy, zipping through Cali highways because it was one of the only times I have driven over here) and I went exploring. I came across these incredible cliffs along the side of the ocean. I turned on "Oceans" by Hillsong on my phone and listened to that as I looked out at the waves: 


"Your grace abounds in deepest waters
Your sovereign hand
Will be my guide
Where feet may fail and fear surrounds me
You've never failed and You won't start now

So I will call upon Your name
And keep my eyes above the waves
When oceans rise
My soul will rest in Your embrace
For I am Yours and You are mine

Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders
Let me walk upon the waters
Wherever You would call me
Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander
And my faith will be made stronger
In the presence of my Savior"


After this, I headed over to Torrey Pines National Park and went for a run through the hills by the ocean, listening to worship music. I found so much peace in this. After my run I drove by the shore in the Mazda and watched the sunset over the ocean. This alone time with my Savior showed me what He's been trying to teach me this whole summer so far! That He is enough. He is my first and only True Love. Though I long for that amazing marriage, this should not be my primary focus--but directing that longing towards my Savior first and foremost. He will provide, yet I need to truly be patient, as hard as that it is, and rely on Him for every empty joy I think I need through a woman. I need not desire anyone or anything else in this world, for all I need is Jesus. Amen.

I am more than a conqueror in Christ Jesus. I am running this marathon of life for Him...along with this literal marathon in October. I hate running. This training has really been cool in learning to love running and enjoying this time worshiping my Holy God--motivated to run for the orphans in Thailand and India. 

Pray for patience, strength, and wisdom.

God Bless,
Charlie

Went to the Hillsong United concert in LA on Friday night--they shared that section of Romans 8 and encouraged the packed house at the Hollywood Bowl to be lights in the broken city of LA. This past weekend I also shared two of my spoken word pieces at a church from the mixtape I am releasing soon. This was an incredible experience. It was a small crowd but I got good feedback and encouragement from older brothers and sisters in Christ in the crowd. I visited Disney Land and stepped into a salsa dancing class (they have a salsa dancing ministry) at the same church after I performed. This was interesting, to say the least, as I did my best but it's tough to salsa! Been checking out different churches--and this one church, The Flood--is going through 2 Timothy 1. It's been a good reminder for me to be thankful to those who have encouraged me in my faith, as well as a way to continue to look for ways to disciple others.

No comments:

Post a Comment