Friday, June 28, 2013

Monterey. Brothers.

Last weekend, I was so blessed to be able to see my brother in Monterey and experience his inaugural weekend to kick off being stationed there for a year. I am so proud and blessed to call Andrew William my brother and best friend. He is the wisest, unique, intelligent, funny, genuine dude I know . Though we may fight at times, we are the most real with each other and love each other no matter what. My relationship with my brother shows me just a glimpse of what Christ's love is like to us. Christ loves me unconditionally, there is nothing I can do to attain His love but to just accept it. The fact that my brother and I can love each other through anything is such a blessing to me in this life.

We were able to walk around downtown and talk to this guy named Joe. We just talked it up and Andy even played his harmonica. After giving him bananas and sharing the Gospel with him, he said he was ordained as a minister and now living out in the streets of Monterey. If nothing else, I know he appreciated the fellowship and two bros sharing the love of Christ.

Shout out to Andy--the man who knows so much, who does his thing without worrying what anyone thinks about him, who has got his head on his shoulders--knowing confidently right from wrong--and living in a way to glorify God truly.

This ending scene of the movie "Warrior" describes how thankful I feel about the relationship I have with my brother...it says it all:


No comments:

Post a Comment