Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Amazing things happening in FCA

WOW!

As I was a little discouraged today, I saw this video and immediately refocused on what God has called me to do here in California. This shows the growth that has taken place with FCA in the Philippines:



As I served with FCA International last summer in Europe--doing sport ministry in Italy, Romania, Wales, and Olympic Outreach in the projects of Hackney for London 2012--this fires me up even more towards possibly doing FCA in the Philippines. This hits so close to home for me, as I am Flilipino and I consider  all Filipinos family. I cannot put to words how this affects me as I love my heritage and where my roots come from, along with my passion for Jesus and sports. Please pray as I continue to consider doing mission work in my native country.

 I went to a staff meeting yesterday and realized all the work God is doing just in this San Diego region alone. There were 56 Huddles (small groups on High School/College campuses) in 2005. Now, in 2013, there are 114 Huddles. In 2005 there were only 4 staff members covering all the San Diego region. Today, in 2013, there are 13 staff members. I was able to be apart of that staff meeting yesterday and saw the intentionality behind everyone there--they were all on the same page with bringing the saving message of Jesus to middle schoolers, high schoolers, and college athletes alike all through sports. This fired me up, as I realize FCA doesn't have a huge presence in South Eastern Michigan. Shout out to Detroit and my hometown of Troy--I am inspired by the fact that if I set my heart and soul into it and let God do the work--He can transform Detroit into growing the FCA ministry, just like He did here in San Diego. 

Pray for all the staff here, as we all play a different part in making these camps happen. Again, here is a link to what happens at these camps, with this year's theme being Relentless: based on Hebrews 10:39 : "But we are not those who draw back and are destroyed, but those who have faith and obtain life.”  I can see that the staff here wants to lift up Jesus more than anything. They do devos every meeting to make sure their focus is in the right spot, along with doing their best to run excellent sports camps, as they plan for these camps year-round. Their passion is to reach out to youth in the community. Praise God that He has provided over $100,000 in scholarships so kids who may not be able to afford it can come to camp!

No comments:

Post a Comment