Friday, May 17, 2013

Ministry in Various Forms

 On Wednesday night, Josh brought me to his church's high school ministry. Their program was set up very similar to WSM's (shout out to Woodside!). There was worship, a message by their youth pastor, and then they broke up into small groups. I sat in on the small group Josh led--a group of freshman boys. A lot of them really opened up and we had a great discussion on 2 Corinthians 12:9 :

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.
Their pastor related it back to the story of Gideon and how he felt like he was too small--but how God used Him in what He thought was his weakness. It was a good discussion on how we may all have these insecurities but to not let that interfere with the trust in God we can have to bring Him glory through it.

This morning, I went with some of the college church group of Skyline Church to go to downtown San Diego and we served at "God's Helping Hand"--serving meals to the homeless. This was a great experience, seeing how just like in Detroit--there is help needed everywhere. You don't have to look far. From San Diego to Grace Centers of Hope--we can see a need all over.

--oh, and I line danced last night. I'm a dude from Michigan--surrounded by all these cowboys and country girls--doing these line dances like crazy. So-you know me--what did I do? Danced Charlie style in the midst of all that--breaking out with my Thriller-esque/Cali swag District/Will Smith moves. I made it fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment