Thursday, May 16, 2013

Day Three: Office.Trust God. Mission:Possible.

So, today I am blessed to say I am surrounded by palm trees, clear skies, and sunny weather. God's creation is truly beautiful--from Michigan trees and Great Lakes to California sunshine. I am excited to explore when I can around here.

I am starting my first real day at the office, as I am working on donations, updating this blog, and getting adjusted to what my internship will look like here. This is a new journey for us here at FCA San Diego--it's their first time doing an internship--they are testing the waters to see how it goes. Brian Schroeder-my supervisor-is the one of the only Camp Directors out of all of FCA, as the UCLA camp in July is the biggest out of all sports camps in America! So, they do need all the help they can get to make these camps run. I am readily looking forward to being a basketball huddle leader htere. For now, we are working through the humps of what this position looks like and are flexible with each other. I know the workload will pick up next week, as I start contacting the coaches (we hire only college and high school coaches, along with professional and former professional athletes to provide a quality athletic experience for the athletes) and parents to make these camps happen. I also know that I will be traveling to various camps/clinics to see how they are run.

Basically, the two main camps we are striving for this year are the Relentless-themed UCLA and UC Davis camps. Here is the link for more info about these camps: http://www.westernregionfcacamps.org/
Please continue to pray for each and every camper, athlete, coach, staff member...that God would use us all for His Kingdom and would bring the campers fired up to either accept Jesus into their hearts for the first time or make a re-commitment to living solely for Jesus and to continue to grow in their faith with Jesus Christ.

It's been a crazy and incredible journey so far--as our FCA Europe team met a California arts-ministry team in the middle of a park in Romania last summer--one of them knowing someone within the FCA organization in California--to me contacting him through Facebook when I got back from Europe--to that FCA guy--Mark Boyer: Vice President of Field Ministry: Western Region (CA, HI, NV) putting me in contact with Brian--to Brian working with me over the phone dating back to December of 2012 over the phone to make this thing happen...and here I am typing from an office in San Diego--letting you know HOW GREAT OUR GOD IS! Knowing absoutely no one coming here, with just a plane ticket--God has used that to hash out the details as I arrived. I have been staying with Josh--a typical Cali dude's family--and will be moving into a Christian Fraternity house next Monday. They already seem like a bunch of solid dudes. Also, they are providing me with a trolley pass to make my way around town. Our God provides.

This has been my theme verse so far:
Joshua 1:9: "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”
I have been homesick and my family and best friend have encouraged me through this verse. I know that there are so many unknowns ahead of me--but God is in control and I have nothing to be afraid of. I am doing His Work this summer and can be confident knowing the King of this Universe has got my back.

Oh and I started the seminary class Tuesday night. It's so pump! We are learning how to inductively study the Bible. To look at it at face value-study it in full context. Incredible stuff. Will keep you updated with this as well.

For now, stayin classy in San Diego. Much love from Cali!

This past Sunday at Lighthouse before I left, we sang a song by Crowder--it is one of my theme songs for this summer I am clinging to--lifting my Lord up:

"Here's my heart, Lord...speak what is true"





This has been where I have had the best alone time with God so far--in the backyard of the family's home I am staying in until Monday...doing devotions and journaling, doing my best to get my heart ready for what God has in store for me this summer

No comments:

Post a Comment